3 Home Improvement Ideas For Spring In Las Vegas, NV
“Spring is the time of plans and projects.” - Leo Tolstoy. If you’re like me, every spring you want to fling open the windows and roll up your sleeves to get your home looking its best.
Here are 3 home improvement tips for spring in Las Vegas so that your home looks as good as new.
1. Do A Spring Checkup For Safety And Energy Efficiency
Spring is one of the best times to ensure your home’s systems are ready for the summer. Here’s a list of some of the things you should inspect every spring in Las Vegas:
- HVAC System. Test your air conditioning system to check that it’s ready for the coming summer heat. Replace your furnace and air conditioning filters to improve your HVAC system’s energy efficiency. Some HVAC companies offer this service for a small fee.
- Smoke Detectors. Test your carbon monoxide and smoke alarms to keep your family and home safe. Put fresh batteries in your alarms each spring and fall.
- Caulking and Windows. Check the caulking around doors, windows, and kitchen and bathroom fixtures for leaks or cracks. Fix the caulking as you go. Install window treatments, such as plantation shutters, to improve the energy efficiency of your windows. Open up each window to ensure that they can freely move.
2. Tackle The Dirt To See Your House Shine
Nothing makes your house sparkle as well as a good, deep clean. Start by decluttering all of your rooms to open up the area. After that, clean anything you don’t clean regularly.These areas include kitchen and bathroom walls, baseboards, floors, and ceiling fans. Wipe your bathroom and kitchen fixtures until they shine. Vacuum your furniture and the area under and behind it as well.
Bring in more light by cleaning your windows. Scrub your windows and screens to remove smudges and dust. Clean your window treatments including shutters, draperies, and shades. You can give your blinds a new look with an ultrasonic cleaning treatment.
3. Redecorate Your Rooms For A Fresh Look
Now that you’ve cleaned your house and decluttered it, it’s time for the fun part: redecorating.
The easiest way to redecorate is to find new ways to use things you already have. Rearranging your furniture can give the room an entirely new look. You can also shop your home, which means switching out the items you already own between rooms. Add more color to your rooms with bright accessories, new paint, and plants.
If you’re ready to completely redo a room, then look through our idea gallery for ideas and inspiration. It’s packed with photos of beautiful rooms and window treatments for all areas of your house. Once you’ve chosen colors and the style for your room, you can look for matching furniture, artwork, and accessories.
Window treatments are a simple piece to update that complements your existing style and enhances your home. You can choose from a variety of shutters including plantation shutters, barn door shutters, and reclaimed wood shutters in addition to blinds and shades.
Get More Design Tips
If you are looking for more ideas for inspiration, explore our design tips. And if you find a look and window treatment that you like, call us at 702-850-6619 or fill out the form below to set up a free in-home consultation. Our professionals will help you choose the right window treatment to give your room a beautiful new look this spring.